"Walk in "wounded""

About: Trafford General Hospital

When on Easter Sunday I found myself in great pain(jaw and ear) I visited TW-I centre. As it was the biggest Bank Holiday of the year I expected a huge queue and to wait for many hours.

To my relief although there was a packed Waiting room patients were seen quickly by a number of GPS.

I received excellent treatment, explanation of what I was suffering from and great advice.

The Prescription I was given was made up immediately at the Chemist opposite the hospital.

What I anticipated as being a lengthy wait for diagnosis and treatment was no different from a normal weekday appointment at my GP surgery.

I don't recommend becoming ill, particularly on a Bank holiday, but I would recommend the Walk in if you need urgent attention.

Response from Amy McCawley, Patient Experience Team, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comment on the NHS Choices Website. We were pleased to read that you had a positive experience in the Walk In Centre at Trafford General Hospital. We were especially pleased to read that you felt the care you received was to an excellent standard and that our service is one which you would recommend. We will pass your feedback on to the Operational Manager of the Walk In Service so that it can be shared with the wider team.