"Very Clean Hospital"

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Very Clean Hospital

On the day of the appointment I did go straight in, I was given an X-ray to find out the problem . The dentist found it saying that the tooth had to be removed . I said 'can it be saved' They said 'it can be saved by a root canal' And 'that we do not do them as we are under staffed, and do you want us to remove it' .I said 'no'. They then sent me back to my dentist .When you go to be treated you are looking for the best treatment available not based on an accountants figures.

We are in 2010 with all the new technology and advancement but at the end of the day the treatment of the dental clinic is the same as it was in Victoria times, when a person had a problem the tooth was removed.

Response from Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Cambridgeshire Community Services operates the dental services in the Treatment Centre and would like to clarify that no treatments are ruled out on the grounds of staffing levels. Treatment options are discussed with all patients and the best outcome is sought which may include working with the referring dentist.

Should you wish to make contact with the Dental Clinic, please call 01480 363760 and we will be happy to discuss the issue fully.