"First Time Visit"

About: Rotherham Hospital

The visit to the department was our first and found our way in easily considering all the building work going on to improve the hospital. My husband was told to visit the department when he became unwell. We were perhaps lucky in the fact we didn't have to wait too long before the first assessment. He was seen by a very nice doctor and further investigation tests were made. He had to wait for various tests but it was to his benefit and then was sent to an admissions unit fro further doctor assessment. All the staff we met were very nice and friendly. It was a very long day when I eventually left but at least my husband was getting medical attention and there are circumstances when patience is needed but perhaps we just need the money in the NHS that the government promised.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Hello my name is Kerry, thank you for your post on NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to the accident and emergency department. We are pleased to hear that you didn’t have to wait long and that all staff were nice and friendly. Your feedback will be passed onto the staff concerned. With best wishes.