"Never had a good experience - appalling"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Appalling - from when I gave birth to my first child to when his grandfather died here!

Poor nursing care

Disgusting Food

Some of the consultants so rude and arrogant they really should not be practising at all.

I have given department of Older Peoples - this is most recent when Dad died.

Other departments include: HDU (a doctor wasn't even available when my husband was close to death with kidney failure), Maternity, Heart, Stroke, Endoscopy (this was done privately and the consultant treated like a car wash, very rough, didn't care.

Nurse swore all the time - disgraceful).

I've noticed the poor reviews have no star rating which means the 4 star rating of the hospital is totally inaccurate.

This is not a 4 star hospital by any means.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

I am very sorry that you have had a series of such poor experiences in our hospital. I completely agree that many of the things you describe are poor practice, and are far below the standards we set ourselves.

As difficult as it is to read comments like yours, they are valuable to us as they show us where we need to improve.

I know from the many positive letters we receive that your experience is far from universal, but even isolated cases of staff rudeness, or lack of sympathy are unacceptable and have to be addressed.

If you would be kind enough to contact our complaints department (ComplaintsULH@ulh.nhs.uk) and give specific details then they will ensure that your concerns are highlighted to the people in charge of those departments, who can take appropriate action to help prevent your negative experiences from being repeated.

David Cleave