About: Peterborough City Hospital

Having a wonderful gastroenterologist is so important when talking about bowels....

I have to say that mine at Peterborough is the best I have had. Due to an ongoing condition and moving a lot I have had other gastroenterologists! Mine in Peterborough is absolutely superb.

They come out to meet me. They really listen and genuinely cares. They have great, even understanding how I miss eating proper foods and desperate to go on my first holiday in 20 years. Not easy when you have multiple critical illnesses. It is so lovely to meet a Consultant that genuinely cares and wants to improve my quality of life. Talking about bowel movements etc is never easy but they have so much empathy and understanding it makes tt so easy to talk.

Yes, I do try to totally help myself eating only good homemade nutrition etc but they appreciate that I cannot go out for a meal like (it seems) everybody else can do.

Genuinely this consultant is brilliant. They are the only consultant since NHS happenings at ither hospitals that I have total trust and confidence with by myself.

As usual the hospital waa spotless, additionally the outpatient Receptionist waa so friendly and so very helpful.

Nothing but praise. Well done Peterborough.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Lesley Crosby