"Terrible organisation."

About: Royal Hampshire County Hospital

I often only learn of appointments a day or two before they occur when I receive a text message "reminding" me of an appointment I have never been notified of.

They are supposed to send a letter but seldom do.

More than once the support staff have forgotten to refer me for appointments I was supposed to have and the mistake is only picked up weeks later when I call to ask why I have not received a letter.

The waiting times and delays between appointments are ridiculous.

5 months after fracturing a bone in my hand I am still yet to receive any treatment or assistance whatsoever, beyond being issued with a sling.

My hand has not healed correctly as a result and I am still struggling to get anybody in the NHS to take an interest.

Response from Royal Hampshire County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding our orthopaedic service. I am sorry that your visits have not been of the high standard we aim to achieve. I have shared these comments with the clinical leaders, however please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team who would be happy to assist you further. They can be contacted via email customercare@hhft.nhs.uk or 01256 486766.

Mary Edwards, Chief Executive