"Glasgow Royal Maternity Care"

About: The Princess Royal Maternity Unit / Maternity

I had a wonderful experience from the start of my pregnancy until my gorgeous baby was born. I am so glad I had a positive experience even though I ended up with an emergency section I can not praise the hospital and staff enough.

I was also in for a week as I was getting induced (which didn't work) and I had a cpl of nights of the best sleep I had had since before being pregnant. Staff made us feel relaxed and explained everything that was happening. The labour room was also cozy and not cold and sterile like I thought it would have been. I had a lovely fan keeping me cool and a radio playing which made me feel at home.

The aftercare was also great, I was up and walking about with no pain or issues the at after my section.

Highly praise the work these ladies and gents do every day. We are so lucky to have the NHS and I am happy I have a great local hospital.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Preggers

Firstly, congratulations on the arrival of your baby. I am pleased to hear that both of you are well.

Thank you for your kind comments about your care. It is clear from what you have said that the way you were made to feel as well as the environment was important to you and made such a difference along with the medical care especially as you had to have an emergency section.

I will pass on your thanks to the staff at The Princess Royal Maternity Unit.

All the very best to you and your baby.

Best wishes