"Excellent Care Provided For A Stroke Patient"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I am placing this review on behalf of my Son-In-Law who was admitted to the Cumberland Infirmary in February 2016 suffering from a severe stroke. The treatment he received from the outset was excellent, all staff and doctors were highly professional both in the Intensive Care Ward and the "Stroke" ward. His family were treated with respect and my daughter in particular was kept up to date with his treatment.

He is now at home and making excellent progress although still severely affected by his condition. Please convey the family's thanks to all, Consultants, Doctors Nurses Therapists and Nursing Assistants - they have restored our faith in the NHS.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Thank you for getting in touch with us with such a positive review for our hospital staff.

I am very pleased to hear that you found the care for your son-in-law to be of such a high standard.

I shall forward your kind comments to the Intensive Care unit and the Stroke ward so that they can be shared with the teams who will be delighted to know that you appreciated the care and information that they provide

With best wishes to the family and for your son-in-law’s continued improvement

Alison S-D