"Children's ward"

About: York Hospital

My daughter recently spent 5 nights on the child and adolescent ward.Most of the time she was ignored.i had to ask for pain relief or I don't think she would've received any.apart from a couple of lovely nurses the majority were rude and off hand.taking blood was a nightmare as the dr was obviously too inexperienced to manage.half way through they let the needle fall out of my very nervous daughter's hand which meant it all had to be repeated.there seemed to be confusion as to how many visitors were allowed,as well as age restrictions on them.we had some 15 yr old visitors who were thrown out as didn't have a parent with them.how ridiculous....overall a stressful time was made worse by the uncaring attitude of certain members of staff.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you for your posting. We do take comments made very seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate the particular concerns you have raised. Please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01904 726262 or email pals.york@york.nhs.uk and they will be pleased to help.