"The care she received was amazing"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Maternity

It was my second pregnancy. Being at higher risk due to my first stillborn baby, I was under shared care of a very lovely midwife (Ali) and a consultant (Dr. Shivrajan).

I received exceptional care by both of them throughout.

My baby was born early at 30 weeks, so she was taken into Neonatal care, my daughter was there for 5 weeks and 2 days. Again the care she received was amazing.

All the staff at the unit was great, helpful and always happy to answer any questions we had 24/7. They also showed us things which helped us feel more confident bringing her home. On top of it we had 8 week of home visits from the unit nurse (Louise) after discharge.

We are so pleased with our experience from all the staff at unit. Every single one of them has looked after my daughter at least once.

I am very grateful to all the care I and my daughter both received during my maternal care at East Surrey Hospital. Thank you all.

Response from Adaline Smith, Matron, Maternity, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Good afternoon Anu,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl.

Patient experience is important to us, and working together to learn from your experience is key in developing our service. I would like to say "Thank you" very much for taking time out of your busy scehdule as a new Mum to share this feedback with us. It always gives me great pleasure to share with the Team the diference they have made to a family's experince during the birth of their baby and journey through the maternity department.

• Anu thinks this response is helpful