"Poor treatment in A&E Lincoln"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I came to Lincoln A&E with badly swollen knee after an accident.

The doctor I saw in the minor injuries depth did not even examine me, he looked at the swelling and told me it was a cartridge problem.

I was sent home without any further treatment or pain relief.

I went to Swindon the following day where the pain became unbearable and I went the the great Western hospital.

Here I was examined, xrayed and treated correctly.

Lincoln let me down and treated me very badly.

This is made worse by the fact I actually work there.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Andymh68,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

From your comments I assume you are a Trust employee yourself. If so, you will know the we have a set of values we expect all staff to display and clearly, on this occasion, the doctor you saw did not meet those expectations. For this I can only apologise.

I would like to be able to identify the doctor you saw, speak with him regarding the comments you have made and review your episode of care, but to do this I would need some more details from you.

If you could contact our PALS team via e-mail at pals@ulh.nhs.uk, or by telephone on 01522 707071, with your name, date of birth and NHS number, if you have it, and ask them to pass these details to me, I will speak with the doctor concerned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your feedback and I sincerely hope that, should you need to use A&E at Lincoln again, your experience will be a greatly improved one.

Best regards,