"A & E service needs improving"
About: King George Hospital King George Hospital Ilford IG3 8YB
Posted by Anonymous
I took my 3 year old son to the A & E last Friday and seek urgent medical treatment.
When I go there I found:
1. Staff behind bullet proof glass who could not hear me as I was not near enough to the microphone.
2. The first queue that people have to report to was long and attended by a nurse. The queue was also next to the main entrance therefore blocking the main exit (fire hazard).
3. Patient’s are made to queue few times and have to repeat their name and how they got to the A & E as the staff do not share information.
4. Staff seem to get agitated easily.
5. I had to see 3 nurses then finally a doctor after 5 hours.
6. I felt we would be refused treatment if made any complaints during the 5 hours.
7. The current queuing system introduces unnecessary delays leading to patient suffering.
8. If patients’ are provided with information on the process on arrival then it could help.