"absolutely terrible care"

About: King's Mill Hospital

After over a week of excruciating chest pains I was taken To A&E. After sitting for 4 hours I was seen by a doctor who refused to help me, saying 'you need a GP referral'

I had been trying for over a week for an appointment, and I still am waiting! When I explained to the doctor I was in agony, have a small child to care for, and broke down crying begging for help, the doctor replied 'what do you want me to do about it?'

Absolutely disgusting attitude. I am now off to another hospital to hopefully get some answers as I am still in agony. Cannot believe how I have been treated.

Obviously the doctor was due to finish their shift on a Friday evening, and had absolutely no care for a genuinely ill patient.

Will never use Kingsmill again

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your email of 1 May about your experiences in the Emergency Department at King’s Mill Hospital.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am sorry to hear that the service was not to the high standards that we expect, which is disappointing.

We would welcome an opportunity to learn from your experiences and understand how we can improve our services. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01623 672222 or email pet@sfh-tr.nhs.uk