"Cranmere Ward have Excellent caring staff"

I would like to comment on behalf of my mum who has just been discharged after a nervous breakdown.

The staff on this ward are such professional dedicated, loving, caring people. I take my hat off to you all for the excellent help and service you gave mum.

It is so sad when our parents get older and there minds get younger and breakdown, knowing there is the right help out there is a comfort.

St martins caters for various types of mental illness , our experience on the elderly ward was first class service.

The only thing I will comment on is the fact that men should be separated from the women in the recreational area, the sleeping areas are separated.

Many thanks to you all and best wishes, I now want to be a visitor to some of these poor old people that have nobody to visit or talk to them

Response from St Martins Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback which will be passed on to the staff of Cramner Ward.

They will be very pleased to hear your kind words.

We understand the challenges of caring for male and female clients on the same ward and are hoping to provide a new ward with separate rooms

for older adults in the coming period.

We are sorry if you experienced any difficulties relating to this matter with regard to your mother's care.