"Parking fine"

About: Southend Hospital

I arrived at a and e with my father in law and parked right outside the department. After registering my father in law and getting change I went out to put money in the machine and had received a ticket after 17mins. the a and e staff advised me that the first 30 mins were free and rang the parking attendants on my behalf. They came and took the ticket off me. A few days later I received a fine!!

I'm disgusted that people visiting the A and E department are not entitled to 30 mins but everyone else is!

No-one plans a trip to a and e, so being unprepared should be allowed!!

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sorry to hear about your parking issues within the A&E parking area - unfortunately without your details I am unable to look into this but suggest you contact our PALS team who may be able to look into this for you on your behalf and it may be worth you appealing this.

However, the parking fees are pay and display within that area, it is the barriers when you press for a ticket that are 30 minutes free which would be either side of the A&E car park.

I have put the link below with details for your information but do apologise for the confusion caused.

Patient Involvement Team