"I was made to feel like I was wasting their time"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I attended A & E in Lincoln yesterday and didn't receive an examination. I sat waiting for two hours and was seen by the doctor for less than a minute. He didn't examine my knee and told me not to dance or cycle which I found patronising as my knee is too sore to do anything like that. He smirked and made me feel like I was wasting his time. I left sad and deflated and in pain. I think A and E is pointless if you are not even examined by a doctor properly. I found the doctor unsympathetic and arrogant and will only come back if I'm lying dying on the side of the road and have no choice.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Pinkytinsel,

I was really disappointed to read your comments following your recent visit to Lincoln A&E, and would like to offer you my sincere apologies.

The attitude you describe is certainly not one we expect our staff to adopt.

I would like to be able to speak with the doctor you saw, and remind him of the values we expect all our staff to display, but to do this I would need some more details from you.

If you would be kind enough to contact our PALS team via e-mail at pals@ulh.nhs.uk, or by telephone on 01522 707071, with your name, date of birth and NHS number, if you have it, and ask them to pass these details to me, I will certainly speak with the doctor concerned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Best regards,