"Nothing. Outpatients was crowded ..."

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

Nothing. Outpatients was crowded and disorganised. Despite a notice saying the appointment schedule was on time I was kept waiting an extra half hour. I was then kept waiting two hours for pre-operation screening. The doctor was unfriendly, unsympathetic and clearly disinterested in myself as a patient despite the fact that they were delivering the news that I had been diagnosed with cancer.

Better systems for processing patients. Should not be kept waiting for two hours.

Better training for doctors so that they treat patients with more respect.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

We would always encourage patients or visitors to raise any issues with the nursing staff or the PALS/Patient Relations team immediately. This helps us to try and make sure that any issues are resolved on the spot. We are concerned to hear of any experience of our services that does not meet our desired level of care but it is difficult to tackle specific issues unless we have more detailed information. We would welcome the individual contacting us so that we can find out more information and investigate as appropriate.