"Lack of Communication"

About: Manor Hospital / Neurology

I attended an appointment with a neurologist at Walsall Manor hospital in February 2016 and was told I possibly had MS, but my MRI scan would need to be checked at the QE, Birmingham. I was ok with this as I understand MS diagnosis can be complicated. However, it has since transpired that I was actually discharged from the Manor on that day even though my condition hadn't been diagnosed, nor was the QE in charge of my care, and no one was chasing my MRI report. I understand the Manor are having staffing issues in Neurology and I understand that even if things had gone well I still might not have a diagnosis. However, after 11 weeks I still have had no follow up from Neurology about what happens next, the results of my scan or anything. I have had no communication whatsoever from them. I have rung Patient Relations at the hospital but they keep getting told neurology will be in touch, but as yet they haven't. Surely, as the patient, I should be told what's happening?

Response from Manor Hospital

Thank you for your email. I understand your frustration can you please contact Bradley Cox, Patient Relations Support Officer on 01922 656463 so we can check progress on this.