"Interviewing for new staff at Rampton Hospital"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Rampton Hospital

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I am an involvement volunteer from Rosewood Centre, Ollerton.

Recently I have been working with patients on the womens' service at Rampton Hospital to form a patient panel to interview for staff nurses. We had a session working on the questions and then two patients and myself attended the interviews.

We all had a great day and came out feeling that we had made a difference.

Here are some quotes from the patients:

" I think it is good to put the patients on the panel cuz it gives them a good opportunity to help pick the people who will be working with them, and it gives them a sense of achievement "

" I found it exhilerating and a sense of responsibility and achievement. It gives us as patients a say in who is involved in our care. Plus it's good experience for when we leave"

Response from Nigel Groves, Rosewood Involvement Centre manager, Involvement Team, Nottinghamshire Health care Trust

Could I just say how much I have enjoyed reading this posting. As the manager of the Rosewood involvement centre it is entirely rewarding seeing the work the volunteers do working with Patient at the Woman’s service. Recruiting for values and in partnership with the Trust staff Interview panels has seen the take up of some great new Staff. The Patients are to be congratulated on their involvement and could you pass on our thanks to them for taking part and feeding back

• michael16 thinks this response is helpful