"3 week wait for blood results."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

A blood test was ordered by my pathologist Doctor at this hospital as an out patient. The doctor told me the results would be in within a week. After calling his Secretary a dozen times I finally got through to them. They were rude and arrogant. They said can't look at the test results for at least another 2 weeks because they have been on their holidays plus they then said sarcastically that they are behind with their work and I can wait. Then they went on to say that they have a new computer and doesn't know how to use it. So I must wait for blood test results. No apology they spoke to me like I was a huge inconvenience to them.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about this - the attitudes you describe go completely against the Trust's 'We Care' guidelines, in particular, 'respect'.

Please contact PALS (the Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 01227 783145 or 01227 864314 and they will do their best to help you with the results.

If you get the answerphone, please leave a message because the staff will be dealing with another issue at the time.

They WILL get back to you - it is our promise.