"Lung function clinic"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I have been a patient at Lung function clinic for around 6 yrs. During that time I have always been treated well and have had no problems. This year due to moving house I needed to transfer to another hospital, I phoned to speak to the person in charge and they asked me why I needed to change and I told them, they then told me I needed to speak with my GP as they had referred me, which was not true as Louth hospital had referred me when I was an in-patient. They then wished me all the best and put the phone down. I can only say I was flabbergast at this abruptness, I have now managed to speak with my doctors surgery they have had problems getting hold of anyone at the clinic to return calls and they had no choice but to send me a new referral to the new Hospital in the hope they could contact the clinic to transfer my notes so that my treatment is un-interrupted. I am now in limbo until the new hospital contact me and have no support if something goes wrong. Although I didn't expect to be seen straight away by new hospital I would have expected some support during the transition not just be left to my own devices. Just hope nothing happens to my machine in the interim.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear jillynix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback concerning the lung function clinic.

I am pleased that the service we had provided to you had met with your expectations, but equally concerned that, as a result of your change of address, things do not appear to have gone so smoothly from your perspective.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly concerning the points you have raised, and would ask you to contact me directly on 01522 573290.

Hopefully I will be able to address your concerns about your ongoing care, and also get some more details from you so I can address the issue you raised concerning the attitude of staff who dealt with your telephone enquiry.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention, I look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Best regards,