"Poor care at Crosshouse"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I was sent in via ambulance with chronic bowel pains. Took 3 hours to see a doctor, was ignored by rude staff and by hour 4 offered zero pain relief. Got an xray of lungs and sent home with no assistance. Bowel still bleeding as I type this. In my opinion, the hospital was a disgrace. Blood in the toilets, on the walls and railing. Used tissues around the room I was in. Sent home at 4am, still in agony and curled up.

Dear defiaye,

I am so sorry this was your experience on your visit to A/E. This is not the standard we aim for (for any of our patients). You have raised a few different issues here. Firstly, regarding your health, I am aware this is now a few days on but I hope you are okay. Did you go to your GP I wonder? It is important not to ignore a 'bleeding bowel' so you need to make sure your GP is aware of this if you have not done so already.

I will alert the managers to this post for their reflection and consideration. If you would like to meet one of our senior managers to discuss this further, please contact me on 01563 826222 or email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,

Dear defiaye,

I passed your post to the management team and the Clinical Nurse Manager for the Emergency Department would be keen to chat over these issues if you would like to do so. My contact details are above should you wish to contact me to arrange it.

Best wishes

Eunice

Thank you for being in touch and for the informative chat. As you wish to meet with Laura (Clinical Nurse Manager and me, we are in the process of getting some dates and I will contact you for your suitability.

On the other note we discussed, I am glad I could help.

Take care,