"The Mansfield and Ashfield Women's Group "it's great""

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Intellectual Developmental Disabilities /Learning Disability Services – Community (County)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I have enjoyed everything about the women’s group, the room was good and the people are nice, I felt happy and safe in the group and travelling on the bus with the other ladies. I liked going out in the community the animals were very lovely and I like going bowling.

I had lots of fun doing the other activities that the group did especially with my new friends and the staff, I don’t think we did anything that I did not enjoy but I really enjoyed the Hama Beads. It was really good getting to meet and know all the new people, we talked and shared our worries…. it gave me a voice.

I would like to keep meeting the ladies after the group finishes so we can meet up and go shopping. The group and staff are great, they are very nice friendly and supportive and they have given me something to get me out and about during the week. Its Great.

Response from Shirley Lavender, Service Manager , Specialist Services Directorate Learning Disabilities clinical stream, Nottinghamshire healthcare NHS trust

Dear Paugw63

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the women’s group

We are please you found this helpful

I have passed your comments on to the professional lead for occupational therapy

Best Wishes