"My excellent A and E experience at Dumfries Infirmary"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency

I came down with a severe Flu bug and by evening I was experiencing sharp chest pains which I'd never had before. After contacting NHS 24 they sent an ambulance and the medics checked me over and decided to take me to A&E in Dumfries.

I was given 3 heart traces and a blood test to make sure it wasn't heart related and the doctor and nurses that dealt with me were excellent and I'd just like to say thanks for the diagnosis of gastritis and the flu virus caused the unusually painful muscle spasms across the chest. Anyone picking up flu keep an eye open for this in future!

Thanks again to all A&E Staff from myself and family.

Response from Joan Pollard, Associate Director of Allied Health Professions, NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Thank you "YouforgethowbadFlucanbetillyouget-it" for getting in touch. I am delighted to hear that you had such excellent care in our Emergency Department. It sounds as if you had a very worrying experience and am pleased that the team were able to reassure you and your family that nothing serious was going on.

I will pass your thanks on to the team and their managers and hope that you are now fully recovered.

Best wishes