"A & E visit"

About: University College Hospital

As a normally well person, I (fortunately) rarely come in to contact with the NHS as a patient. My experience when I did need to, after the recent London Marathon, was outstanding.

The care was excellent. I could see that the workforce were being utilised very well. Nursing assistants and HCAs doing jobs that were well within their skill set, nurses doing a lot of the clinical work needed and a registrar who oversaw everything.

Every member of staff was caring and kind. The ones I spoke to at greater length had a great sense of humour and made me feel welcome and confident in their abilities. The hospital itself was very clean and well equipped. Throughout my (brief, 6 or so hour) stay I was asked several times if I wanted food, drink, blankets or anything to make me more comfortable. My partner was also looked after very well as she sat fussing over me.

I have no doubt that my experience is not extraordinary in this hospital, or the NHS as a whole, but I felt it important to share this as people are often too quick to complain, and rarely compliment. Thank you.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the staff in A&E and will feed this back to the team.