"Terrible experience"

About: Hereford County Hospital

Waited months for appointment and was pleased to see I was due to see a reputable doctor. Despite them being there, I instead was called in to see a different doctor. This I could accept, despite being disappointed that I didn't get to see the doctor I was hoping to see. Unfortunately, I struggled to understand most of what they told me. What I did understand quite clearly, though, was that they were repeatedly trying to pressure me into a certain course of treatment that I stated very certainly that I did not wish to proceed with. They briefly stated that it was my choice, which I already knew, before again trying to coerce me into going ahead with it. Not sure if they were on commission for this particular product but I really didn't appreciate the lack of respect they treated me with. They also repeatedly used medical terminology which I didn't understand, and got impatient with me when I asked them to explain what they meant. Overall, unpleasant experience and I left feeling miserable.

Response from Hereford County Hospital

On behalf of Wye Valley NHS Trust I wish to thank you for your patient feedback.

I shall be forwarding your concerns to our Gynaecology Department.

If you would like to discuss this in person please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Experience Team on 01432 7372986.

With many thanks.