"Three week stay in Woodley Ward"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

My husband was admitted with confusion and general weakness at the start of the Easter weekend. It was quickly established that he had acute kidney disease. He was always treated with kindness and dignity and everything was done to try and improve his condition. I was often there at mealtimes and the food was generally excellent. A small portion could be ordered and it was always hot and appetising.

He was very pleased to be discharged but we could not fault the care he had.

My only worry was that if I was not there when the doctor came round, it was quite difficult to find out exactly what was being done and what results there were. The nurses can only give limited information and my husband did not always remember what had been said.

All praises to the lovely staff on Woodley Ward

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for your excellent feedback of Woodley Ward at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, and we are very pleased to hear that you husband has now been discharged. Our staff strive to ensure our patients receive the highest possible standard of care and we are delighted that this has been your experience of our Trust. Woodley Ward operates flexible visiting so that relatives can be involved in the care of their family member and be around when the ward rounds happen. If relatives are unable to be there we can also make appointments for relatives to see the ward consultant at a mutually convenient time.