"Sanderson Suite and Operating Theatre staff"

About: St Helens Hospital

I attended for a minor surgical procedure recently. I just wanted to say how impressed I was with my experience of the whole process from start to end.

Every member of the nursing, administration and medical team I came into contact with on the Sanderson Suite and in the Operating Theatre were extremely caring, compassionate, smiling and approachable.

Although it was a minor and slightly uncomfortable procedure I felt very safe and cared for. Each step of the process was carefully explained and I was even offered a hot blanket when I shivered a little in theatre. The Theatre team were hilarious keeping me distracted from what was going on.

On return to the ward I was greeted with coffee and biscuits and a welcoming smile. The ward was also exeptionally clean.

I really appreciated the work of the whole team and wanted to say thank you in a more Public way. THANK YOU!

Response from Michael Vacara, Interim Patient Experience Manager, St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust

We are always pleased to receive positive feedback about your experience and our staff. This recognises their hard work and dedication to ensure that you have a positive experience as a patient with us. We can assure you that your feedback has been sent to the Day Surgery Team so that your comments can be shared with the wider team.

• MC-Southport thinks this response is helpful