"My fall in central Glasgow"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I tripped up and fell in central Glasgow - this resulted in facial injury and a very heavy nose bleed.

The Ambulance arrived promptly after being called.

The treatment I received was excellent and I was safely transferred to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Later in the evening I was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.

I wish to thank all concerned for looking after me so well.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear Cruachan

I was really sorry to hear about your fall but pleased to read about the care you received from all of our staff. I would be delighted to pass on your thanks to the staff involved but would need a few more details of the incident to allow me to do that. If you are able to provide me with more details, you can contact me on 0131 314 0003 or at martinesposito@nhs.net.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I do hope that you are recovering well.

Take care

Martin.

Dear Cruachan

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact me to provide more details about your fall. I was glad to hear that you are now feeling much better. From the information you provided, I was able to identify the ambulance staff that treated you. I will ensure that those members of staff receive your feedback.

When I spoke to you, you were also keen to express your thanks to the staff at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary and the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital who all treated you with great care throughout your time in both of those hospitals. They will be alerted to my posting and so will therefore be able to read your compliments.

Thank you again for sharing.

Take care