"Worse than any 3. world hospital I have ever..."
About: Charing Cross Hospital Charing Cross Hospital London W6 8RF
Posted by Anonymous
Just the highlights:
- waited 6 hours to receive any treatments
- the first nurse I spoke to just wanted to give me paracetamol and send me home. First, I am allergic to paracetamol (yes, this is unlikely, but it would be good to be ask for allergies first) and second, I would not come to the A&E if I could treat myself by buying painkillers for 20p from Tesco.
- had to wait in a narrow gangway and stand up every 2 minutes for people passing by with wheelchairs/beds, even though I had a problem with my back (or other people who had leg injuries)
- everything was dirty
- one old lady in a wheelchair messed herself up, it stank in the whole A&E unit, but nobody cleaned her (and this for hours!)
- somebody was vomiting, the personal gave him only occasionally a new container for his vomit and some paper to himself up
- another poor old lady had to wait so long, that it was too late for any buses, and she wondered how to get home.
This was the worst hospital experience I have ever had. Even in the poor hospitals of South America people are treated better than here. Hope, you never have to go to his hospital. If you can avoid it by any means, do not go there.
I am really sorry for all the patients who have to go there and also for all the staff, which has to work under such terrible conditions.
NHS, shame on you!