"Hip replacement surgery, still waiting!!"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Bones, joint and fractures

I have had issues with my pelvis/ hip for years, I had a fall in October 2015, wasnt seen by orthopaedic dep until December 2015. I was told I will be booked in for a total hip replacement at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. Its now April 2016 and I am still waiting. I was told that the surgeon may have space in April (well past the promised 12 week wait) but to be warned that many surgeries have been cancelled in the last few months due to bed shortages and that they may cancel anytime up until the date of surgery.

I enquired about alternatives; another surgeon, or a hospital closer to home but no one has ever got back to me. My pain, mobility and stress levels are at maximum and would like to find out why I am receiving, in my opinion, such terrible communication and service.

Dear Otziuk,

Would you be able to contact me directly with a few of your personal details so I can look into this a bit more for you? I'd like to see what has happened with your referral, but also to address some of the issues you have raised about communication - often the lack of information or proactive communication exacerbates the frustration for patients so if we could help to get a clearer way forward for you I would hope that would help in some way.

My email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk - I hope to hear from you soon and we can start to look into this for you.

Best Wishes,