"Breast cancer care"

About: Broomfield Hospital / Oncology Ipswich Hospital / General surgery

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter was referred to Ipswich hospital in January 2016. She was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer at Broomfield hospital who were convinced the cancer had originated in her uterus, we were not. The consultant at Broomfield hospital told me that if the cancer was in the uterus they would not offer her any more treatment. To say I was devastated is an understatement. Anyway, now to the good bit....Ipswich hospital breast care team picked up the ball and ran with it, my daughter was seen by a wonderful Mr. Linder AND equally wonderful Miss Mortimer who offered her a hysterectomy and mastectomy and reconstruction under one anaesthetic, we were overjoyed. Both operations went very well and the care my daughter received was second to none. As we suspected her uterus was clear of cancer. I have nothing but praise for Ipswich hospital and it's staff. Thank you.

Response from Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, I have passed your comments on the teams and individuals concerned and they are pleased that the actions taken have resulted in a positive outcome for all. Once again many thanks for your kind words.

• Melek thinks this response is helpful