"Severe nose bleed"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

I went to the East Surrey Hospital early on Monday morning with a nose bleed. After being assessed the bleeding started again and wouldn't stop. I never had less that 3 doctors or nurses trying to help me until they finally managed to stop the bleeding. I was then welcomed on to Brook Ward and was very impressed to be given my own room with en-suite and - even though it wasn't meal time - I was given a sandwich and yoghurt to eat. The food on my second day was very tasty and the choice was good.

I had to stay in overnight but staff explained every step of my treatment and what would happen. The staff were all wonderful and reassuring right up until I was discharged on the Tuesday evening. Thank you ESH for your care and kindness.

Response from Branita Mills, Matron, Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Grateful Oxted Resident,

Thank you for very positive feedback about your experience at East Surrey Hospital and the ENT team, both the nurses and doctors on Brook ward.They all work hard as a team to ensure that patients have a good experience.

I will definitely feed your comments back to them.

Kind Regards