"Courteous Staff"

I have attended this clinic a number of times with my 92 year old mother (the patient). We have both been impressed with the service and staff.

Today, 22nd April 2016 I rang the department. There was a recorded message saying due to the current high demand I could either leave a message and they would call back or I could ring at another time. I left a message giving my phone number. I was pleasantly surprised to have my call returned within a matter of minutes. My experience of other organisations is that I have waited a long time if the call is returned at all. The person who rang me was so nice, very helpful and gave me all the information I needed. It may have been over the phone but it was service with a smile.

The person who answered my initial call and who put me through to Audiology was also courteous and came across and having a smile. Exactly what is needed when ringing a hospital.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your most positive comments on Patient Opinion. These comments help us as an organisation to pass on to the staff how they are viewed by our service users.

I will ensure that this is passed to the Audiology Department Manager so that your posting and your kind words can be shared.