"Eternally grateful to excellent crisis team at Michael Carlisle Centre"

About: Northern General Hospital Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust

I am having on going treatment at the Michael Carlisle Centre (mental health) and Northern General for a personality disorder, slef harm, anxiety and depression. I stayed on Firth and Vickers wards at Northern General and I am having on going therapy at Michael Carlisle Centre.

I am happy with the treatment I received. I can't believe how kind people are. Though I would have liked a smoking room.

However, one time I was admitted and a nurse called me "a nutter". This really disturbed me.

I would like to thank the crisis team S/E sector.

The crisis team are excellent, I don't know where I would be without them. I am eternally grateful to them.

Response from Mia Bajin, PPI and PALS Manager, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust

First of all let me apologise for the delay in responding to your posting on behalf of the trust. We have only recently begun to work with Patient Opinion following their launch earlier this year.

Thank you very much for your posting. At this trust we always pass on compliments to staff, its great for them to feel appreciated.

We regret the terminology the nurse used and would reassure you that the trust has a very strong policy on how we treat our service users and carers.