"Fantastic Care"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / General medicine

My husband developed Chest Pain, he was assessed immediately on arrival in the Emergency Department of the Royal Bournemouth Hospital.

The service they provided was caring and efficient. He was seen directly by Consultant Gilchrist in the Acute Medical Clinic she was kind, methodical and was extremely thorough. She took my husbands concerns seriously, the clinic was well organised and efficient.

I can not speak highly enough of Dr Gilchrist and her team, the attention they provided even when busy was amazing.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Royal Bournemouth Hospital Fan’

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we do hope your husband is recovering well.

This must have been a worrying time for you both and we are pleased to hear the care and attention you received in both the Emergency Department and AMU from Dr Gilchrist and her team was efficient, thorough and caring.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to both departments to be shared with the teams.

We strive to provide individual, patient centred care and it is good to know that the kind and methodical investigations carried out by Dr Gilchrist, listening to all your concerns, met those needs for your husband.

Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you and your husband well for the future.

Regards