"Maternity Ward March 2016"

About: Warrington Hospital

I had my baby in March 2016 and was happy with the hospital overall. I started off on the Induction Suite. I was regularly monitored by the midwives, well informed and cared for but the standards of cleanliness were not good. My bed had sand under it, the floor was covered in dust and there was no hand wash in the toilet over two days. The actual labour ward was fantastic and the two midwives involved in my daughter's delivery were amazing, really supportive throughout spurring me on.The post natal ward was disappointing with the staff there largely uninterested. I had raised blood pressure throughout and although the midwife said they would check it again before discharge, they then decided they couldn't be bothered and on giving me my discharge information said I should just go through it myself at home! I would recommend the labour ward at Warrington to all but not the post natal ward.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that there was issues in care and cleanliness. If you would like to contact the Maternity Team on maternity@whh.nhs.uk, they would like to learn more about care given, so this can be addressed.