"Excellent service from the scanning department"

About: Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I saw my doctor who referred me to the scanning department at Great Western Hospital.

Within half an hour of my doctor appointment the hospital called me to make the appointment. Less than a week later I had my ultrasound. I arrived for my ultrasound appointment and within 5 minutes I was seen. The appointment was carried out in an efficient and caring manner and I was back out again within 15 minutes.

The letter I received confirming the ultrasound appointment said I could expect the results within 2 weeks, however the person that carried out the examination said it would probably be a week. However, the very next day I was called by my GP surgery to say they had the results.

I can't believe how efficient, friendly and caring the staff with whom I came into contact with were; I can't praise them enough - excellent customer service.

Response from Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at the Great Western Hospital.

Please be assured your comments will be passed on to the relevant staff responsible for the mentioned areas which will be greatly appreciated.