"Appauled by this service!!"

About: Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I was diagnosed with clinical depression, I was trailed on a number of different anti depressants but didn't work for me. But even before this stage I had to wait around 3 months, I was put on the waiting list for CBT and was waiting seven months before I finally said enough is enough, I have refused to go back because there was no support given for what I was going through, I had to deal with it on my own through the support of my family, no professional help was given. I am appalled by the service I was given, I had a breakdown one time and as the doctor I was seeing was on holiday I was told to ring to speak to someone else and they said unless I was about to commit suicide they couldn't do anything. My mum was outraged by this because she didn't want it to get to this point. Luckily I am a lot better now, from the constant support from my family.

Response from Simon Street, Complaints and PALS manager, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I was sorry to read of your experience of our services and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to ensure that this is fed back to the services so that we can improve the experience for other patients. I am unable to contact you directly through this website but can be contacted via our Complaints & PALS service on 0300 304 2198.