"Heart felt thanks to you all"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / High dependency unit

I stayed in the High Dependency Unit for a period of 6 days at Forth Valley Royal Hospital 4 weeks ago following major surgery.

The team of intensive care nurses were absolutely brilliant - both in terms of professionalism and compassion. It takes a special type of person to nurse in this area and every one of them fitted the bill. There were a few occasions when I needed support 'beyond the call of duty' and it was provided every time.

Special mentions to Bernie, Fiona (my guardian angel who appeared the first night of my surgery) and Emma who does not realise just how good she is at her job. Heartfelt thanks to all of you.

Response from NHS Forth Valley

Dear pmhr

Thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Your experience of our care and professionalism is what we strive for every day. The whole team here in the unit are dedicated, hard working and compassionate, and it is so nice to hear that you have recognised this in those who cared for you.

We have shared your posting with the team, which has been a pleasure to do, and Bernie, Fiona and Emma are especially grateful for your kind words.

We all return our thanks to you, and wish you well in your continued recovery.

Kindest regards