"Greatest compassion and understanding"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Elderly Medicine

My mother who was 84, profoundly deaf and of diminishing eyesight -was admitted to ward 8a with pneumonia. Sadly, she passed away, but spent her last 10 days being looked after by a wonderful team of nurses, nursing assistants and auxiliary staff who showed the greatest compassion and understanding, keeping her comfortable and pain free.

These lovely people also looked after us - the family- with a great deal of support and sympathy, ensuring a minimum of stress or fuss. They do a difficult job with great skill, patience and hard work. We the  families cannot thank them enough for what they did for our mum and grandma.........

Please believe us when we say YOU ARE ALL SUCH A WONDERFUL BUNCH OF PEOPLE! ! ! !

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Casspar

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. From your post, I can tell how much she meant to you and your family.

I am pleased that the care provided and more importantly, the way in which the care was provided to your mum made such a difference to her and to you and your family. Furthermore, you mention the way our staff supported you and your family, at an extremely difficult time, and how this helped.

I will pass on your kind words to the staff in ward 8a.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Lisa