"Breathlessness"

About: East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Glenfield Hospital / Cardiology

Woke in the middle of the night struggling to breathe. Rang 111 who sent a Paramedic who put me on oxygen and decided to call an Ambulance to take me to Glenfield. I was briefly in Ward 33 before transferring to 33a as it was found I had fluid on the lungs due to a weak heart.

I can't speak highly enough of the care and expertise of the doctors and nurses who looked after me for the next 7 days after which I was allowed home. All the treatments and follow ups were very quick and thorough which I found reassuring and my opinion of Glenfield remains of the highest

Response from Rebekah Marong, Communications & Engagement Support Officer, Communications and Engagement, East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Dear Calvin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

If you are able, we would appreciate you sharing your comments with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team, with as much detail as you can (e.g. date, time and location), so that they might identify the crew that cared for you that day and share your thanks with them. You may contact the team via telephone on 0333 012 4216 or email PALS.Office@emas.nhs.uk.

Best wishes,