"Exceptional"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I recently had a c section and stayed in the Aspen ward. I have to say, the experience went above and beyond any expectations I had. The staff could not do enough for us, they were so friendly, knowledgable and supportive throughout our five day stay. From the surgery to when we were discharged, nothing was too much. Our daughter also spent two nights in the neonatal unit, who were also exemplary, and made what was a difficult time for us, easier. I would thoroughly recommend.

Dear Laura

Firstly may I extend my congratulations to you on the recent birth of your daughter at Princess of Wales Maternity Unit at Heartlands Hospital.

I'm so pleased to read that you experience was above and beyond any expectations you had, and that the care and support you and your new daughter received was exemplary throughout.

I will be delighted to forward your comments to Joy Payne, Head of Midwifery for the Trust, as well as to Carol Lee, our Lead Midwife for Patient Experience who will be thrilled to read your feedback and ensure it is communicated to all of the Midwifery Team. I will also ensure that Dr Richard Mupenemunda, Clinical Leade for Neonatal at Heartlands Hospital is included so that he can ensure all of the Neonatal Team are advised of your feedback.

I hope this is acceptable and thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is most appreciated. Our staff work extremely hard in often difficult circumstances to provide great care and a positive patient experience. it is extremely important to us.

Again my congratulations on your new arrival and I do wish you the best in your continued recovery from your surgery.

With kind regards