"Lovely people"

About: Fife Community Services / District Nursing NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

(as a carer),

His catheter stopped draining for several hours yesterday. I called NHS 24 on 111 and got a lovely lady called Ainsley, who took details and very quickly located his name. After discussion, she put me on hold for about 3 mins. When she returned she informed me that the on-call nurse would be with us within 4hours. The nurse actually arrived within one hour, and changed his catheter without any fuss. Lovely people!

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Goodcarer

Thank you for sharing your story on Patient Opinion. I was sorry to learn of the catheter issue, however I am pleased to note that this was swiftly resolved.

Here at NHS 24 a positive patient/caller experience is one of our top priorities and I am pleased to note that your call to NHS 24 was managed well by Ainsley, one of our valued Call Handlers.

Should you wish to provide any additional detail, then I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk as this would enable me to identify Ainsley and pass your thanks directly to her. We do always try to ensure that staff personally receive any complimentary feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I do wish the patient and yourself well.

With kind regards

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager

0141 337 4582

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Goodcarer

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I was delighted to hear of your positive contact wtih NHS 24 and the subsequent contact with the nurse who acted both competently and efficiently. This is exactly how we hope all individuals experience our services when they are needed.

Thanks again for sharing