"Thumb Surgery"

About: Whipps Cross University Hospital

I was admitted to Plane Tree as a day patient for surgery.

Everyone that I came into contact with there was incredibly kind, caring and patient, putting me at ease.

I met my consultant who explained exactly what was going to happen and then must have thought they were a contestant on Mastermind as they patiently answered all the questions I had in terms that I understood.

I met the consultant again shortly after my surgery when they told me how it had gone and wished me a good recovery.

A special thank you to the nurse who opened my sandwich for me. It’s not until you lose the use of something that you realise how much you take for granted.

I am happy to be coming to the end of my time in plaster, but I am even happier that I have been under the care of some incredibly amazing individuals.

Thank you all for your constant and consistent care and thank you for always being there when I, and many others, need you.

Response from Whipps Cross University Hospital

Thank you Elizabeth for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are coming to the end of your time in plaster and are making a full recovery.

We have sent your review, including your thanks, over to the Orthopaedics Team – they will realty appreciate your comments.

Wishing you all the best

Barts Health NHS Trust