"Dignity"

About: Epsom Hospital

Excellent medical care,friendly staff.When it came time to put on the hospital gown

I was told to change in a room off the public waiting area,which at the the time was busy and could have had children in it.I been in that waiting area for 5 hours and no one else was asked to change there,I eventually changed in a public toilet.The staff seemed surprised that I did not want to walk around half naked. Given the number of rooms in the hopital it seems odd that they could not find a changing area for me they did not even have the wit to curtain me off somewhere.I would like to know why I was the only person asked to change there.

After my operation which went well it would have nice to have been told which of the two options for surgery was used,I still don't know what was done to me!

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are concerned to hear some of the issues you have raised, and would like to be able to look into them further. If you would like us to do this, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01372 735 243 or by emailing PALS@esth.nhs.uk.