"Superb care from Doctors and Nurses."

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Respiratory Medicine

My mum took very ill and she was rushed to A&E at Hairmyres Hospital, East Kilbride, where the medical staff were outstanding. They kept me and my dad informed of how my mum was doing.

She was then sent up to ICU later that day. Again the medical staff were amazing and were so polite. Never spoke to any of us like we were kids or stupid. They took the time to explain the care my mum was receiving.

Sadly, my mum passed away with pneumonia, multi organ failure and septicaemia. The nurse that looked after my mum when she passed was out of this world. He took the time to explain things and didn't rush us out the room to do other things. Would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff who cared for my mum and to keep up the good hard work you do.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear mummysboy,

Firstly can I extend my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your Mum, this must be a tremendously sad time for you, your Dad and all the family.

I am very grateful on behalf of the staff you have praised - for you to write such a lovely thank you at this time is very heart warming.

Please be assured I will share your kind comments with the staff and departments involved and I'm sure they will want me to wish you all well at this difficult time.

Gwen

• mummysboy thinks this response is helpful