"Audiology wishaw general"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

My mum had to be fitted for two new hearing aids and is also registered blind. The audiologist who saw her was very patient and kind explaining everything very well and even helped her down the corridor to get my sister. my mum can not remember her name but would just like to thank whoever it was as they really looked after her well and my mum is very grateful.

Response from Peter McCrossan, Director for Allied Health Professions, Allied Health Professionals, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear fi scotland,

Thank you for sharing your mum’s recent experience at the audiology department.

The staff realise the vulnerability of some of the patients that they are responsible for; so I’m delighted to hear that the member of staff who dealt with your mum was considered and helpful towards her. It’s really important that people are involved in discussions about their care and that they understand how to use any equipment provided so they are able to benefit from it.

It will be my pleasure to share your kind words with all the staff, as this is the level of service that I would want and expect for all patients.

Best wishes to you and your family.