"Continued lack of communication"

About: Rotherham Hospital

Having calmed down and given the situation further thought; the Rheumatologist was worse than I initially thought.

They said I would need to see an Orthopedic surgeon about my frozen shoulder (which is caused by adhesions in the shoulder capsule) even though I had provided them with my ultrasound scans (that I had done privately) proving that it is tendonitis which is caused by infllamatory conditions ie. rheumatioid conditions or blood clotting disorders - for which I have had two positive blood tests and X rays showing only slight wear and tear - conditions that are their speciallity!

Providing your own evidence and reading up on conditions seems to get you worse treatment even though you are supposed to have some sort of say in your treatment.

I have now made a further appointment to see my GP to go elsewhere.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Hello my name is Bev Nicholas, Matron for Surgery and Rheumatology at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding your recent Rheumatology appointment and in particular that you felt that communication was poor and that you wish to go elsewhere for treatment. I note that you have submitted your concerns in the form of a complaint and hope that these are resolved to your satisfaction. However please feel free to contact me on 01709 428271 should you require any further assistance.