"Waiting for results......no help at all"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Saw my consultant in January and they ordered me for Balance Tests and Brain MRI Scan.

Tests completed over 6 weeks ago but heard nothing.

Just contacted the reception team in ENT and informed that the consultant has not even looked at my results yet and no estimatation on when I am likely to hear anything.

I still have the issues, and the waiting to hear about my results is causing extreme stress and anxiety.

Absolute shambles.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear reviewer,

We are sorry to hear about the delay and poor communication you have experienced. Unfortunately the ENT department is struggling with an extremely high demand for its services and we are therefore not responding to patients in as timely manner as we would want to.

We do have a number of actions to try and address the problems, however these are taking some time to come to fruition.

In the meantime we would like to look into your concerns so we can try and address your specific issues.

If you are happy for us to do so, please send your details (name, address, date of birth and hospital number) to angharad.rastrick@uhl-tr.nhs.uk or natalie.j.johnson@uhl-tr.nhs.uk so that we can review your experience and respond to your concerns.

Kind regards,